PDS Tech Inc ECS & Ice Protection Design Engineer in Wichita, Kansas
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking ECS & Ice Protection Design Engineer in Wichita, KS:
This position is for a Mechanical Systems engineer on the Environmental (ECS) and Ice Protection Systems (IPS) team within the “New Product Development – Jets” engineering organization at Textron Aviation. Primary duties will be related to environmental control systems, though some work in ice protection systems may be possible and/or required.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Creation and development of component/system descriptions, requirements, and specifications
• Creation and support of Development Assurance Process and System Safety documentation
• Support of component/system design and certification activity, including:
o Creation of any supporting analyses, both mechanical and thermal
o Creation of appropriate test plans and procedures
o Coordination and oversight of required testing, including test article build
o Coordination of test results and creation of applicable test report(s)
• Support of issue resolution and squawk closure on both flying and ground test articles
• Team schedule creation/management (specific to ECS/IPS team deliverables for the program)
This position is based in Wichita, KS. Occasional travel may be required but is expected to be 5% or less of the time. Occasional overtime may be required.
Candidates will be required to work in a team environment and collaborate closely and effectively with other members of the ECS/IPS team, as well as other Mechanical Systems functional areas. In addition, daily coordination with areas outside of Mechanical Systems will be required - some of these areas include Experimental Engineering, Experimental Flight Test, Project design teams, Quality, and Supply Chain.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering (or related field) preferred.
• 3-5+ years prior experience with environmental and/or ice protection system analysis, design, and development is preferred.
• The successful candidate will:
o Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
o Be detail-oriented and organized
o Be able to effectively manage multiple projects at once
o Be flexible and able to quickly adapt to fluid program demands and objectives
• Experience with CATIA V5/V6 & ENOVIA PLM applications is preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Office suite of programs is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.