PDS Tech Inc Electrical Engineer in Wichita, Kansas
PDS Tech Inc is seeking an Electrical Engineer in Wichita, KS
• Prepare engineering drawings for avionics and electrical system interface wiring using computer based drafting tools (CATIA/CCD, Mentor Graphics and/or IAI HarnesSys)
• Utilize electronic test equipment to verify avionics and electrical systems meet design requirements, and/or for system troubleshooting in the lab and on aircraft
• Prepare engineering trade studies, functional test procedures, certification plans, ground and flight test plans, certification reports, and other engineering documents
• Write technical descriptions of subject matter pertinent to design or test requirements. Includes descriptions of supplier parts, test or rigging specifications, etc.
• Assist with the evaluation and analysis of avionics and electrical system design for completion of function hazard assessments and system safety assessments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology.
• Minor or relevant coursework in Technical Writing, Business Administration, or Computer Programming is helpful.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience with electronic test equipment desired.
• Electronic drafting experience with CATIA-CADAM Drafting (CCD), Mentor Graphics and/or IAI HarnesSys desired.
• C/C++ and assembly programming experience or coursework desired.
• Experience with CATIA V5 and VPM desired.
• Design knowledge of electrical bonding criteria, thermal cooling requirements for electronic equipment, EMI shielding, and High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF) / Indirect Effects of Lightning (IEL) installation criteria is considered a plus.
• Experience with avionics and electrical system design to the requirements of CFR 14 Parts 23 &25 is desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.