PDS Tech Inc Instrumentation Technician in Wichita, Kansas
PDS is seeking an Experimental Instrumentation Technician for an open position in Wichita, KS.
Candidates will be responsible for carrying out Instrumentation DAS (data acquisition system) installation and troubleshooting duties on experimental aircraft. Candidates will be required to perform these duties in support of new product and sustaining aircraft designs. These duties will include coordination with other Engineering and technical groups to help develop, implement, monitor and status assignments.
• Candidate will plan and perform the work involved in the installation, calibration, and troubleshooting of instrumentation systems required for data acquisition on experimental aircraft.
• Candidate will be utilizing various types of specialized test equipment to troubleshoot data acquisition systems on aircraft.
• Candidate will be working independently and be responsible for good decision making.
• Candidate will be working with all aspects of experimental aircraft design and will be required to frequently interact with engineering personnel
Experience: Any of these will work
• Basic Instrumentation knowledge
• Military aircraft electrical
• On Aircraft avionics skills
Education and Requirements:
A.A.S. or certificate, preferably in Electronics.
• Comprehensive training and fundamental skills for hands-on electrical/mechanical troubleshooting of aircraft systems.
• Ability to utilize computers, to create and modify data acquisition software.
• Knowledge of PCM (Pulse Coded Modulation) based data acquisition system layout and design.
• Ability to deal with change and work in a dynamic environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.