PDS Tech Inc Mechanical Design Engineer in Wichita, Kansas
PDS is looking for an Mechanical Design Engineer in Wichita, KS:
In your role, you will:
• Investigate design build issues and develop structural engineering and instrumentation installation solutions
• Author temporary engineering to resolve build issues in a timely manner
• Dispositioning aircraft non-conformances including rework instructions. (MRB)
• Perform aircraft and engineering drawing investigation and coordination with affected engineering disciplines, Quality Assurance and operations manufacturing representatives.
• Design Flight Test engineering change requests and coordinate with work package owners
• Author engineering to define structural special instructions or restrictions
• Design and Release Special Missions Engineering structural and systems installations.
As our ideal candidate,
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering or a related discipline. OR…5 years industry experience
5,000 hours on CATIA V5.
Proficient in CATIA V5 Workbenches: Assembly Design, Part Design (Boolean Operations), Aerospace Sheetmetal, Tubing Design, Kinematics and Electrical Harness Routing are a plus.
Experience in ENOVIA LCA is a plus
Experience in Teamcenter PLM is a plus.
You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You must be able to interface constructively and effectively in a cross functional team environment.
You must be able to work independently and efficiently multitask.
You must be a highly motivated, self-starter.
You must have proficiency with MS Office tools, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. All other computer systems and software are a plus.
Any aircraft or manufacturing experience is an asset.
Experience in Special Missions or Aftermarket modifications is a plus.
You are eligible to view and handle ITAR material.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.