PDS Tech Inc Repair Operator - Repair Operator in Wichita, Kansas
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Repair Operator, in Wichita, KS.
MOD Job Responsibilities:
• Performs miscellaneous repair and modifications on a limited variety of electronic equipment.
• Disassembles mechanical and electrical units, replaces or adds components, sub-assemblies, cabling, and wiring and reassembles unit. Works from Overhaul Manuals, Service Bulletins, schematics, wiring diagrams, job write-ups or oral instructions.
• Assembles special avionics test panels and fixtures for Service Center, and for resale to customers for test equipment.
• Maintains quality in the modification assembly or repair of equipment based on a good working knowledge of Workmanship Standards.
• Records results of repair and modifications and accounts for time required to perform each task on Service Worksheet.
• Performs drilling and minor mechanical operations on units and sub-assemblies according to component location diagrams, sketches and X-Y coordinates.
• Knowledgeable of Service Center Operating Performance Goals and impact on other Service Center Operations.
• Participates in Lean activities, events, and other process improvement initiatives.
• Communicates problems/observations effectively with supervision.
• Understands safety requirements and performs duties in accordance with all safety procedures. Participates in facility safety program.
• May be required to perform related duties as assigned.
Job Skills & Attributes
• Cooperation - Understands the value of cooperating with coworkers.
• Dependability - Understands Rockwell Collins' basic rules, policies, and procedures.
• Detail Orientation - Understands the importance of monitoring the status and quality of one's own work.
• Drive - Understands the value of approaching work with enthusiasm.
• Judgment - Appreciates the importance of basing decisions on factual information and sound logic.
• Listening - Understands fundamental communication styles and techniques.
• Relationships - Understands the importance of remaining compassionate and empathetic when dealing with the problems of others.
• Time Management - Maintains an organized daily calendar.
• Must be able to solder! Will perform miscellaneous repair and modifications on a limited variety of electronic equipment;
• Candidate also disassembles mechanical and electrical units, replaces or adds components, subassemblies, cabling, and wiring and reassembles unit
• Must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
• HS DIPLOMA or equivalent is the minimum REQUIRED education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.