PDS Tech Inc Technical Publications Engineer in Wichita, Kansas
PDS Tech is seeking a Technical Publications Engineer in Wichita, KS.
JOB SUMMARY: Create and prepare new or revised aircraft technical documentation about the operation and maintenance of aircraft parts, systems and assemblies for Special Missions and Defense modifications.
Conduct research independently and collaboratively using engineering database information, engineering drawings, functional tests and other sources to ensure all data conforms to established design specifications while providing customers with detailed instructions for continued airworthiness.
In this position, the candidate will work closely with IPT members (such as Program Management, Technical Engineering, Manufacturing, Planning, Supply Chain, & Quality Assurance) to achieve the desired design requirements and objectives.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: * Integrate Special Missions equipment on a variety of aircraft platforms for missions including the following: * Intelligence/Surveillance/Reconnaissance, Aerial Survey, Air Ambulance, Flight Inspection, Float Operations, Parachute, Maritime Patrol, Search & Rescue, Training, Utility/Transport * Responsible for completing engineering research, development and certification requirements for authoring/illustrating new and sustaining model technical publications. * Utilize CATIA CAD and Arbortext authoring software to produce detailed 2D and 3D interactive procedures to support the operation and maintenance of aircraft systems. * Ensures all data conforms to established design specifications and regulatory requirements. * Verifies accuracy of content, instructions and illustrations by collaborating with design engineers, project teams and customer service representatives. * Validates technical document procedures by conducting virtual (CATIA) and on-aircraft validations of part details, assemblies and installations.
• At least 2 years of related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent industry experience) in: Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aviation, or related technical degree
• A&P and/or pilot’s license is beneficial
• Military experience is beneficial
• Ability to work ITAR restricted programs (U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident)
• Ability to work under only general direction. Must be able to work independently to complete a project or work and coordinate as part of team assigned to complete a specific project on schedule. Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• An understanding of engineering data, with an ability to research and analyze engineering drawings and technical documents.
• Mechanical aptitude with experience and knowledge of aircraft operation, aircraft systems, aircraft maintenance practices and aircraft manufacturing.
• Familiar with FAA Regulations and Aviation Industry (iSpec 2200, S1000D, MilSpecs, etc.) specifications and guidelines.
• Experience using SGML/HTML/XML and/or Arbortext Editor preferred.
• Experience with 3D modeling and drafting using CATIA V5 file based/Enovia and/or CATIA V6/Enovia is beneficial
• Experience with Special Missions and/or Military systems and equipment is beneficial
• Experience with the Beechcraft King Air and Citation Longitude is beneficial
• Knowledge of FAA and/or Military processes and procedures to support certification and system qualification is beneficial
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.