PDS Tech Inc Lead Systems Engineer in Wilmington, Massachusetts
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking Lead Systems Engineers in Wilmington, DE
The Systems Engineering department is seeking a systems engineer to be a Lead or Chief Systems Engineer on a one or more programs. SSG specializes in space-based, small aperture visible and IR telescopes with integrated electromechanical devices used for motion and focus control. The successful candidate will act as the program technical lead, interface with the end customer, suppliers, and other external stakeholders. Regular duties include developing CONOPS into system requirements, managing specifications, and providing technical leadership from program kickoff to end item delivery. The Lead or Chief Systems Engineer ensures the product is fully tested, requirements are verified and sold off, and the end item is delivered on schedule and within the allocated budget.
Provide technical leadership, maintain customer communications, and organize work packages and assignments to meet program objectives.
Establish product requirements and ensure the delivered end item meets the customer’s product specifications.
• Holds Technical Subject Matter Expertise in electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, optical or equivalent engineering discipline.
• Relevant experience with the design, manufacture, integration, test and sell-off of space-based subsystems.
• Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
• Ability to lead program milestone reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, FCA/PCA, PSR).
• Ability to collaborate across all levels of leadership.
• Experience in empowering employees, leading and motivating teams, and fostering collaboration.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills – taking complex concepts and sharing with others
• Ability to architect an end to end space system with a full understanding of the product lifecycle
• Experience with project management aspects of technology development programs.
• Experience with estimating and managing costs, & creating and managing schedules.
BS degree in Engineering, Physics, or other related scientific discipline and at least 7+ years of relevant space-based EO/IR systems engineering work experience; or Masters Degree in Engineering, Physics, or other related scientific discipline and 5+ years of relevant space-based EO/IR systems engineering work experience.
7+ years systems engineering experience with space-based EO/IR systems with electromechanical pointing and focus control.
Candidate must hold an active Top Secret/SCI clearance as a prerequisite.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.